Saturday, August 1, 2009

First battles at the Realm

Where did the month of July go? I'm happy to say July wasn't an uneventful month. The M4A2's of my fledgling Lend Lease army were bloodied in two battles against Paul at the Realm on 7/22. Apologies for blurry pics. I didn't have a tripod and at times I forgot to remove the flash on other photos.

Battle 1:

I have enough tanks to field 600 pts. My force consisted of 8 Emchas and 3 BA-64 armored cars from H&S. Paul had 2 Stugs and 5 Pz IV's. Since this was my first game playing FOW, we decided on a Free for All mission.


Initial Deployment
Photobucket

Paul Deploys
Photobucket

BA-64's make a run for an objective.
Photobucket

First Blood to the Red Bear
Photobucket


Uh-oh, armored cars get noticed

Photobucket

Paul fails a Stormtrooper Role and gets whacked
Photobucket

Trading armored cars to occupy the Stugs
Photobucket

Paul Pz-IV's fails a motivation check and flees the field. Victory!
Photobucket


Pz-IV's and Stugs versus M4A2's is a fairly even match. A few die rolls either way influenced the outcome of the battle. The Lend Lease tanks made several crucial armor saves and Paul's failed Stormtrooper roll left his tanks vulnerable in the open and not concealed.

Paul is a pleasure to play against. He is also a good and patience teacher, accepting defeat from a newb with grace and dignity and a shake of the hand.

Battle 2 follows next time and the following update will discuss fighting Tiggers and the plans to expand to 1,750pts. I also hope to have a positive update on 11PD soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment