Sunday, May 9, 2010

Panzer IV E Platoon - Winter Whitewash

The winter whitewash is added. Before the whitewash, I sprayed Testors Dullcote on the tanks. I highly recommend Testors Dullcote because it's easy to apply, didn't mess with the decals and dried quickly.

I did a lot of research on whitewashing effects and settled on using watered down VMC white in various coats.

Little did I count on my daughter, the aspiring artist, to break out her artists palette, mixing tools and her animal hair paint brushes and demand to do the wash herself after seeing my test piece (an old Pz IV F-2).

I handed her turrets and hulls in assembly line fashion while she mixed the white to a consistency and transparency she liked. She used q-tips to soak up any access white if it pooled too much.

She doesn't play FOW, but she knows how to do a fine job adding washes!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, putting the kids to work on your FOW tanks! Can it get much better?

    Looks good. I just ordered some Panzer IV Es for my DAK, partly inspired by your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks indie!

    Yeah, it was quite a shock to see daughter become FOW quartermaster and mistress of paints. LOL

    Looking forward to seeing those DAK Panzers!

    ReplyDelete