Sunday, February 7, 2010

3rd Guards Mech Corps - Family Photo

Photobucket

Yesterday I completed the last batch of M4A2 Emchas. I'm not happy with the way they look. The Army Painter spray blotched and powdered, which doesn't give a good surface for decals to bind. I'll chalk it up to a "teaching moment" on what and what not to do in painting. The lessons I learned can only help me with future painting projects.

Photobucket

On the other hand, I think the ISU-122's came out spiffy. They were primed with hardware store Krylon black and then the Russian Green was drybushed. I need to use Microsel and the techniques so the decals blend with the model and the outline disappears.

Photobucket

Thank you to GeekEGuy for V I Nevky and the two platoon leaders! Here's the two platoon leaders and the volunteers to soak up 75mm and 88mm German shells.

Photobucket

A blurry Nevsky (user error, not the 12MB panasonic camera) and in focus Emchas.

The only thing missing to complete the 1,750 force is Red Air Force IL-2 Sturmies and a squad of Spetsnaz.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Glad to see Nevsky leading the charge of his valiant comrades!! I actually like your weathering on the tracks better than what I did for Nevsky and your platoon leaders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I was thinking the tracks of Nevsky and the two platoon leaders was better than mine. LOL

    Thanks, Man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are VERY nice. The mud/weathering on the tracks and front ends is really well done. I've had the same trouble with Army Painter primer before. It's really hit or miss with it for some reason. Sometimes it comes out perfect, sometimes chalky.

    Wish I had discovered your blog sooner. You've got some fantastic stuff here. I'm adding a link from my page if you don't mind.

    -Scott

    ReplyDelete