Saturday, April 16, 2011

Easy Army

Photobucket


I finished listening to WWPD Episode 16 on Friday. Steve, Luke and Joe talk about a new web-based army builder called Easy Army. Intrigued, I venture over and I'm stunned to see all the work put into this site. Steve mentions in the podcast that Gregg, who's is doing Easy Army, has gotten the force diagram artwork from Battlefront, thereby alleviating any legal entanglements. I did a quick 654th force to see how it works.



Home page, listing all the available Army Lists. Here I am selecting the Heavy Tank-Hunter Company.
Photobucket


Force Org Chart. Select platoons to add to the Company.
Photobucket


View of the HQ section. Click Company (save) and go back to selecting platoon.
Photobucket

Selecting StuG's. Note the stats at the bottom
Photobucket

Selecting Pioneers.
Photobucket

Picking up Panzerwerfers.
Photobucket


OOB Screen Part I
Photobucket

OOB Screen Part II
Photobucket

Another nice feature is the ability to e-mail the completed OOB to yourself and be able to print it anywhere.

Gregg has a note about doing the Soviet books soon. If he wants another $1 or more, I'll happily pay it. There will be errors and mistakes. The Excel Spreadsheets have plenty of them and are corrected when noted. I e-mailed Gregg that he forgot Hauptmann Noak for the HQ section of the 654th.

Here's the site.

www.easyarmy.com

To get access to the Earth & Steel and Turning Tide books, all you need is pay $1. One dollar for this great website? Wow! Nice deal!

Gregg, thanks for all the hardwork!!! I hope Easy Army continues and I look forward to Eastern Front and the Bagration series of books, including Stalin's Europe.

4 comments:

  1. It is truly a great work. I cant wait for the Russian lists to hit the website

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is, WOW! What a fantastic tool for building lists! Thanks for the heads up on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally i find it a little complex.
    Second even it isn't much i don't want to pay money and certainly not when they come with an explanation like this "The work for these books takes many long hours". If you do it because you like to help others and because you like the game you do it for free.
    It took me many months to built all the army files for the Turning Tide book but I don't ask money for it.I do it because i like to do it and I like the hobby. And like to help people.
    But when all people like this new tool / website I will gladly stop with making army files.;) Why bother if I and maybe a few others use them.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see a place for both. I've developed Excel army lists. I did it because the army in question interested me and I planned on creating it. The Excel files are quicker at determining the point breaks for the various options. AV's Excel files even include an OOB, mine don't because I lack the Excel expertise.

    Easy Army fills a niche for those who don't want to use Excel or just want a way to access their army lists from different locations instead of their desktop or laptop computer at home. Maybe Easy Army is a test by Battlefront for their own Army Builder. Who knows. If Gregg wants $1 for his time, and people pay $1, than all the power to him. If he starts charging $25, then I'm sure the use of this site will fall off.

    I'm happy there are Excel files. I'm happy to see Easy Army. I'll be happy when someone else comes up with their own army builder.

    ReplyDelete