Sunday, March 20, 2011

Pz IIIE Platoon - winterized

Photobucket

I definitely overdid the winter whitewash on this platoon. I wanted a heavier wash than what my daughter did for the Pz IVE platoon. Looks like she knew what she was doing. Memo to self, let daughter whitewash the tanks. I was too hasty and zealous to slather the whitewash.

Photobucket



Photobucket


The slathering is really noticeable here with the rear of the platoon leader's turret.
Photobucket

Too heavy on the engine decking as seen from the top.
Photobucket

With better lighting, the tanks aren't that bad. Definitely playable and easily identifiable on the tabletop.

1 comment:

  1. Robin we chewed the same ground at Origins LAX I bet. i used to play with Steve L. using his Panzer War rules befoore I moved to N. Cal in 1997. Brookhurst was my old stomping grounds and I still travel to see the folks on a regular basis (live in S. OC).

    Shoot me an email - twilight2000v3@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete