Saturday, September 12, 2009

A week of FOW near misses

I had high hopes for FOW this week. Part of my new army had arrived (pics pending) and I wanted to test them out in a small 600-pt game. I had received news the LGS was doing an escalation tourney on Weds, so I was all jazzed to start. Well, it was painting night and with the Labor Day holiday, the other two tables we used for FOW was used instead to hold all the boxes from delayed shipments. Plus I found out the escalation tourney is to be North Africa themed! D'oh! My new force is for Ostfront and I don't have time to build one. On the plus side, I spent 1 1/2 hours talking with the guys talking about North Africa and our armies. The one table in use didn't look like it was going to clear up anytime soon, so I called it a night.

This Saturday was the monthly FOW gathering at the KOC hall. I arrived in the middle of the afternoon and only one FOW table was going. I sat and watched, enjoyed the convo and trading barbs with the players. The game lasted longer than anyone thought. I took the opportunity to meet other people, but couldn't find anyone who had MW forces to play a 600-pt game. Plus two of the tank riders fell off and will need to be glued back onto the tanks. Grrrr....

The KOC hall was very active with other games such as BattleTech, Crimson Skies and AD&D. There was even a raffle of prizes donated by a LGS. Good stuff! Didn't win anything. D'oh!

I think that concludes FOW gaming for Sept. She Who Must Be Obeyed is very tolerant of my tank hobby, but the Honey Do List can only be set aside so many times during the month. A LW tourney is upcoming in late October, I think I'll start focusing on finishing the Lend Lease Tankovy.

No comments:

Post a Comment