Thursday, April 15, 2010

Lions Den I - Recap

I want to thank Tim K for putting Lions Den I on and making it a great success. Instead of 18 players, we had 14 because players couldn't make it for one reason or another. Still, with 7 tables and a fun atmosphere, it was a great tournament.

Tim is a great TO. He provided regular updates on the time remaining for each series of games. He was there to answer rules questions or questions regarding the terrain features of each board. Tim put a lot of hours of his personal time to ensure that Lions Den ran smoothly.

Tables inside the Realm
Photobucket

More tables
Photobucket

Tim giving instructions before the start of the first game
Photobucket

An SU-152 belong to Peter H
Photobucket

Another piece from Pete's Russkis
Photobucket

Bill W's Sperrveband
Photobucket

Bill W's Flamers - Flame On!
Photobucket

More Flamers of Bill's
Photobucket

One of Bill's Hetzers
Photobucket

Nice basing by Bill
Photobucket

Hetzer and Hetzer
Photobucket

An 88
Photobucket

Bill W won Best Painted Army. Bill also won the tournament with three 6-1 victories. Bill is widely regarded as one of the best FOW players in the world. He went to New Zealand and won the LW Grand Tournament with a Guards force from Hells Highway book. His army was featured in an issue of Wargames Illustrated three months ago.

Bill's also a great and creative painter. I wish I had a chance to pick his brain, but I didn’t want to disturb his games. I think he carries his forces in two boxes (about size of shoe boxes) but the bottom of boxes is magnetized to prevent his vehicles and infantry stands from shifting. They are carry-ons when he flies to tournaments.

To sum up Lions Den, I was nervous about my first tournament and now can't wait until the next one I can attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment