Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Egawds! I'm going to paint!

Yes, you read it here first. I'm actually going to give painting miniatures a try!

Years ago. No, decades ago. One of my best and childhoods friends was very skilled at model building. His models always turned out the best. These days, we'd call his models professional quality. On the other hand, my models were a monument to a lack of patience and talent. I stopped building the models and started giving them to him to build. At least this way, my WW2 or WH40K miniatures were presentable on the battlefield.

I haven't picked up a paintbrush in decades. I had no intention of doing so, until I attended an expo and saw a demonstration of Army Painter. I saw an amazing demonstration of a WH40K orc army assembled and painted in less than 48 hours! It wasn't a sloppy paint job. Each figure was completed and painted in high quality.

I was inspired. I've decided to build a Lend Lease Russian FOW army based around M4A2 Shermans and ISU-122 assault guns.

Photobucket

I placed an order with the WarStore.

Here's what I got:

Photobucket

The Quick Shade is the key.

You apply the base coat primer in the color you want -

Photobucket

This brings out all the detail. I call it Dip-and-Rinse. For someone like me who doesn't have the skills to do the highlights and detailing, the Quick Shade might just be the trick.

I ordered a single M4A2 "Emcha". It'll be my test vehicle. I'll post the progress when the paints and models arrive next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment